This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession);
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit);
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User's device;
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively;
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data;
- User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data. The following two categories of users exist:
- Anonymous users (users without an ARCPORT account or not logged in to the system)
- ARCPORT members
- Third-party entity: EASN-Technology Innovation Services (EASN-TIS), a Belgium located SME, which is in charge for the system maintenance and administration.
What sources and data do we use
We collect several different types of information which we receive from you for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data: Information you provide by completing (printed or electronic) forms to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Affiliation, Organization/Institution, Address, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country, Fields of Expertise, Cookies and Usage Data.
- Usage Data: We may also collect information on how the service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our services;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services;
- To monitor the usage of our services;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with news and general information about services and events which we offer and with similar to those that you have already participated or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
How This Information Is Shared
Information that is shared publicly – ARCPORT members
Your account and user profile containing information in sections. Your are able to choose which sections will be shared publicly to other portal members.
Information that is shared publicly – Non ARCPORT members
No data related to the non ARCPORT members is shared publicly.
Information that isn’t shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Any identity verification documentation;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with specific trusted third-party entities (e.g. EASN-TIS) to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Services. When we share data with third-party entities that support our services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
Retention of Data
Transfer οf Data
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt in to specific topics that interest you. We will send you email related to your activities. You may at any time select to receive certain email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by adjusting your notification settings by informing us. We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
Disclosure Of Data
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Security οf Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ARCPORT may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a cooperation agreement with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- You have registered to our network database;
- You have registered to our events;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ARCPORT aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ARCPORT relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our services.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.